Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reached a new milestone

My talent services have been requested without an audition. Yes, I was offered a role. It's a small commercial for a local museum, but I didn't have to audition. My agent was contacted specifically for me. That's awesome. I film next week and then have an audition following that. I usually do well in auditions following a high like this. Good things to come I believe.

On another note, I was cast as the lead in an independent feature and I'm freaking out about the scene that will probably require me to wear swimsuit. Shit. So far, I've been able to get away with hiding all my dietary sins. I mean I'm real world ok, but film ok? Not so much.

Working out isn't even the problem, it's food. Oh, how I love food. I wish I could love healthy food as much as I love junk. Really. Or I just wish I could get away from CRAVING dessert after a satisfying meal. Damn you, sweet tooth. Damn you!

So, I'm trying my best at a "diet." Now I'm not going super crazy and going on some fad diet that I won't be able to maintain. I'm actually trying to be sensible.... less of this, more of that. And it seems to be going well except for the sugar. Oh sugar. And chocolate. Damn you... but I love you. So much.

I've actually managed to lose 5 lbs., so I'm halfway to my goal of dropping 10 lbs., I have feeling however that it's more attributed to my workout ramp ups than diet. The workouts I may not be able to maintain, not if my shin splints have any say. Neighborhood pool, when will you open, damn you?! As I type I'm dreading having to go from sitting to standing position. That "Hunger Games workout" in this month's Shape magazine is no little gym bunny workout. My legs are so pissed at me right now. I'm alternating between walking like a baby taking it's first steps and what my very elderly grandmother might look like trying to walk if she wasn't confined to wheelchair. P-I-S-S-E-D, I say. Seriously.

So, hopefully, by the time filming rolls around, my insecurities won't throw me into a pit of self-loathing and despair and maybe I'll actually have fun during the scene. Or maybe I'll just buy a one-piece with those tummy-tightening panels built in. And have cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment